Thursday, March 6, 2008

I could spend hours doing this


Well, I have learned a lot in the last week. I know I want to change the layout of my blog posts, new setup, new font. I'll do that when I've speeded up a bit.

As for the photos on flickr, I am astounded at the high standard of the images. Commercial photography must have gone through a huge upheaval since the advent of the Internet, now amateur photographers can promote their skills and put their images 'out there.'

This picture isn't the one I first chose. In true Internet style one click led to another, and I found an even more impressive photo by the same photographer. I started with a South African town and ended up choosing a big brown dog! The stunning textural effect in this photo is attributed to tonemapping using photomatix. That's something else I have to learn more about...

No comments: